I fully support his new found passion/career path.
What I love most is all of the pots, strainers and bottles that pile up in the sink when he brews. Oh wait, no I don't.
It's entirely worth it though. When he brews, the whole apartment smells like sweet, malty, toasted oats.
His latest beers have been my favorite.
Most recent brews: Lavender Blonde Ale and a Saison that knocked my pants off.
Surely, we could do something other than toss it to the birds or add it to the compost.
Nope, instead, I made granola.
Ladies and gentleman, without further a do....
|Barley thinks the granola was named after him.|
Blueberry, Almond + Coconut Spent Grain Granola Recipe
- 5 cups spent grain
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almond
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp agave
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1.5 tbsp salt
1. Combine everything but dried blueberries and coconut
2. Using two sheet trays, spread a thin layer of granola on each.
3. Bake for approximately 2-4 hours at 300 degrees or until crunchy.
4. Add in coconut and dried blueberries
5. Serve with greek yogurt, milk or eat by the handful.