It was time I made a healthy recipe. I personally needed one after the food tour on Monday. Like I always say, you can't have butter without a little sweat. Oh, you never heard me say that? Well you're right, I've never said that until just now.
I had carrots and ginger in my fridge from juicing, a huge bag of kale, a random thing of tahini and some local honey just waiting patiently to be made into something healthy and hearty. I also had a crunchy sesame bar in my school bag that I put into this recipe last minute.
I love massages. I love getting my entire back, legs and arms massaged. I don't mind massaging other people, but I'd prefer to massage kale. For this recipe I massaged kale with grated ginger, orange zest and juice, honey, olive oil, tahini, and a bit of salt. To add some crunch, I added a crushed up crunchy sesame bar (you could just use toasted sesame seeds). For the carrots, I tossed them in olive oil, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and a little red pepper flakes.
Carrots + Kale Salad
- 3 cups kale
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tbsp crushed crunchy sesame bar or toasted sesame seeds
- sprinkle of cinnamon, curry powder, chili flakes + salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- zest of half an orange
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- pinch salt
1. Toss carrots in olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, curry powder, chili flakes and salt.
2. Roast for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven
3. Toss kale in dressing and massage for a few minutes.
4. Allow carrots to cool.
5. Combine, carrots, kale and sesame seeds.