Roasted vegetables just might be my favorite thing in the whole world. A drizzle of olive oil, a heavy sprinkle of good salt and solid time in a hot oven will make any vegetables glamorous. The crispy golden edges of anything roasted just might be better than dark chocolate...
Tyler found baby artichokes on sale the other day. Instead of getting technical with these little guys, I simply cut them in half, removed the hard outer leaves, tossed them in olive oil and sprinkled them with salt. After 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven, they were golden, nutty and a tad bit crunchy.
Roasted Baby Artichokes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Slice artichokes in half and a half inch off the top
2. Remove outer leaves
3. With a small spoon, remove any rough spiky parts from the heart
4. Peel the stem or simply cut it off
5. Toss artichokes in olive oil and salt
6. Roast on a lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes
7. Serve alone or with garlic aioli