I could not be happier that it is fall.
1. Tyler only has 2 months of externship left.
2. Today marks 1 month and 14 days from my 23rd birthday.
3. I adore fall.
4. I am only 5 months aways from graduating from college. Yahoooo!
5. We are only weeks away from my favorite holiday of all time (Thanksgiving).
6. Pumpkin puree is going to show up in everything now.
7. It's acceptable to bake cookies once a week...
8. Long runs on Sunday morning listening to slow acoustic music with the leaves changing.
Sometimes I purposefully ask for ripe bananas in order to have a reason to make banana bread. Please tell me you do this too.
I thought it would be best to stick to a classic recipe instead of making my healthy version filled with hemp, chia, flax, whole wheat and low fat recipe. If you need that kind of recipe... I mastered a pretty delicious: Whole Wheat Chia, Hemp + Vanilla Banana Bread
I did some research on normal recipes and came across Flour Bakery and their classic banana bread recipe. I've actually been there before and it was pretty pretty moist and arousing.
This banana bread baked up to be rather sexy.
Look at that golden bronzey top...
I sliced myself some with a hunk of banana and almond butter. Served with that warm cup of coffee... my heart is content and my mind is blown by such a tasty treat. Sometimes you just have to let the sugar, oil and refined sugars into your diet. Just sometimes...
Flour Bakery's Famous Banana Bread
Because I was not prepared, I did not add cinnamon, walnuts or creme friache. I used 1/4 cup raw whole milk instead.
- 1 2/3 cups ap flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Before I wake up bombard Tyler this morning with banana bread and kisses, I wanted to leave you a little list of songs that I can't stop listening to. I would recommend you make yourself a little playlist entitled "Falling in love" (pun on the word fall-ing, get it?). At least look these songs up on YouTube at work today and listen to each one.
Songs for Fall:
Songs for Fall:
1. Sundown by Charlie Simpson
2. Your Sweet Touch by Bahamas
3. Montreal by Bahamas
4. If I'm Saying Nothing by Landon Pigg
5. No Other Plans by Sunny Levine
6. One Last Time by The Kooks
7. I Don't Feel it Anymore by William Fitzsimmons
8. Just a Habit by Low Roar
9. Near Death Experience by Andrew Bird
Hope you enjoy the first of October today :)