I have been posting many recipes and less posts in relation to my life and me as a human. I thought it would be fitting to write a little update about my activity level since I do somehow consider my blog to be a "healthy living" blog.
I used to work out six and sometimes seven days a week. More so because I had the time to, but also because I thought that I would somehow become out of shape if I took too many rest days.
Truth is, when I went to France and only managed to work out three days a week in June, I felt much better. I felt lighter, not always sore and worried less about the amount of salads I was eating.
I actually felt healthier and like a normal person.
Granted I was excited to come home and get back into a normal workout routine.
When I did get home, it was a slow progression. I figured it would be a good time to reevaluate my life as an exerciser.
With Tyler's new work schedule, we only got to spend quality time together twice a week. This meant my workouts would not exist those two days. I would not choose sweating at the gym or on a run over Tyler time.
I decided to make the five days of the week that I worked out really count and completely relax for two days in a row.
I love it.
I made a list to explain:
why I only work out 5 times a week:
1. It gives my body two full days to recover and rebuild
2. At the end of my last day off, I am ready to workout with everything I have
3. It allows me to think about my next weeks workout and what I might want to change up
4. I feel so much more relaxed
5. It gives me more time to focus on the person that I care about
6. My muscles relax and I don't feel sore all the time
7. Those two days feel like I'm recharging my batteries.
8. I really really make those 5 days of working out count.
Basic workout schedule as of late:
Wednesday: 30 minute run + 30 minutes of core exercises
Thursday: 1 hour run or 1 hour of cardio
Friday: 30 minute run + 30 minutes of core exercises
Saturday: 45 minute run and a plank
Sunday: 1 hour 30 minute to 1 hour and 45 minute long run
So there it is. That's been my workout schedule for the past few months.
Here are some photos from this weekend. Another amazing weekend....