I was recently gifted with a box of madelines from Donsuemor. They sent me a box with all sorts of flavors. I had a special plan for the classic flavor. Even though I could eat madelines by themselves, I wanted to make them into something different. Something related to pumpkin and fall.
I do love the occasional pumpkin spiced latte. I used this love to make something edible with similar flavors. Espresso, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, whipped cream.... and instead of lady fingers, I used the moist, buttery madelines.
Pumpkin Madeline TiramisuNeed:
2 oz cold espresso
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
4 cups whipped heavy cream with a dash of vanilla
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sprinkle of salt
1. In a small sauce pan, combine pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices until the sugar is dissolved. About 3 minutes. Cool the pumpkin mixture.
2. Fold half of the whipped cream into the cold pumpkin mixture.
3. Crumble 1 madeline into the bottom of a glass or mason jar.
4. Sprinkle one spoonful of espresso over madeline.
5. Spoon pumpkin mixture on top to completely cover the madeline.
6. Spoon one layer of whipped cream.
7. Repeat until you use the third madeline.
8. Top with whipped cream.
9. Sprinkle top with toasted pumpkin seeds.