Oh hi! Yes, it has been busy over in my neck of the woods. With work, school and running, my days off with Tyler were well spent.
I'll update you with what we did in my next post, but I was waaaay too excited to share what we made yesterday with homemade ricotta cheese made with raw milk we got from a farm and mushrooms that Tyler foraged himself. We made crostinis that could and would knock anybody off their feet.
Shmear on the ricotta on to toasted slices of bread and top it off with the buttery mushrooms.
Homemade Ricotta Cheese
1/2 gallon whole milk (we used raw milk)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1. Heat milk until it reaches 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove from heat and stir in salt and lemon juice.
3. Allow curds to form for 10-15 minutes
4. Strain through the cheese cloth over the colander
5. Twist cheese cloth to remove excess liquid.
6. Allow cheese to cool.
7. Add salt, cracked black pepper, chopped herbs and olive oil.
I know...that easy!
Oh! And I am chopping all of my hair off tomorrow. I randomly made myself an appointment today. I am tired of having my hair all over me, Tyler and our apartment. It's also time for something new and fresh. Here's what I am thinking about.
Wish me luck!