I think I'm just going to go ahead and declare a new weekly recipe series called Monday Treats for Tyler. I mean last week was the Berry Cobbler Cookies, the week before that was the Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake and I don't plan on ever stopping. I love the fact that I have a man's belly to feed. LOVE IT.
If you couldn't already tell, I have a deep adoration for scones. They are classy, modest and utterly delicious.
I mean take a look at the other scones I've made:
I bought almond paste when I was in France. I figured today would be a perfect day to rip open the log of heaven and make scones. With a little raspberry jam, toasted almonds, oats and some lemon zest.... I turned those modest and classy scones into flirtatious triangles of sexy.
I do hope you get on the scone band wagon and make some for you or someone who would adore them.
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp cold butter, cubed
2 tbsp Raspberry Jam
1 tbsp almond paste
1/4 cup almonds, toasted + chopped
1 cup milk
zest of one lemon
1. Combine, flour, oats, baking powder, salt and lemon zest together.
2. Crumble marzipan into flour.
3. Combine butter into flour until it becomes crumbly
4. Add milk and chopped almonds.
5. Form two discs with the dough.
6. Smear raspberry jam over one disc.
7. Gently place the other disc on top and press down.
8. Slice the disc into 8ths.
9. Place on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown in a 425 degree oven.