You know what's better than homemade banana bread? HEALTHY homemade banana bread.
Made with only agave + honey to sweeten, whole wheat flour and a coconut oil instead of oil or butter.
Mmmm. Make this the next time you have ripe bananas or do what I do and buy way too many so you always have extra ripe bananas.
Healthy Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas
3 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup non fat milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mash bananas.
2. Combine all of the ingredients together until incorporated
3. In a food processor, combine pecans and brown sugar.
4. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan.
6. Sprinkle topping on top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60-75 minutes.