I sort of new you were looking for a simple elegant fall first course, appetizer or main course.
Need something to impress the in-laws, boyfriend, girlfriend, lover, boss...all of the above?
Pumpkin Crab Flan
1 cup crab meat
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 pint half and half
1 tbsp sugar
salt and white pepper
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
1. Heat half and half to a simmer.
2. Carefully whisk in 5 eggs into cream. (Temper a little cream into the eggs to temper)
3. Season with salt and white pepper and let cool just for a few minutes
4. Mix crab and pumpkin together.
5. Mix crab, pumpkin and cream mixture together.
6. Butter 6, 4 oz ramekins.
7. Evenly distribute mixture into ramekins.
8. Place ramekin in a dish with sides and fill with hot water, about half way up ramekins.
9. Bake at 350 until the mixture has a slight jiggle but is well set. About 30 minutes.
10. Allow flan to cool.
11. Invert flan onto plate and top with a happy spoonful of Pumpkin Seed Pesto.