They're mini. So that means they taste better and they're more fun. Duh.
mini feta cheese, onion and fig focaccia loaves
1 large red onion sauteed in olive oil
5 dried or fresh figs (if dried: slice figs in half, and reconsitute them with red wine and a splash of balsamic over medium heat until the liquids reduce)
Basic Focaccia Recipe:
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt
3 1/4 cup flour
1. Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl let rest for 5 minutes.
2. With your hands, or Kitchen Aid with a dough hook, incorporate the flour, olive oil and salt.
3. Knead for about 8-10 minutes until your arms are sore...haha until it forms a lovely ball.
4. Cover in a little oil, place in a large bowl and cover.
5. Let rest/rise for 45 minutes.
6. Remove ball from bowl and break into about 6 even pieces. Place each piece into a greased muffin or loaf pan
7. Poke the dough with your fingers
8. Use your fingers to push down the dough.
9. Add a drizzle of olive oil, feta cheese, onions and figs
10. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
11. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
12. If it isn't golden brown, broil it for ONLY A FEW SECONDS.