Sweet Honey Crisp apples stuffed with creamy brie, toasted almonds, turkey, a drizzle of honey, wrapped in a rosemary pie dough....and baked until golden.
Pull yourself together and make this fairly simple dish. Promise you'll like it.
Bundles of Melty, Gooey, Savory + Sweet Love
3 large honey crisp apples
1/3 cup diced brie cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 tbsp honey
1 lb turkey breast meat cut into 1/2 in. cubes
1/2 tsp sage
1. Cook the turkey with sage, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes until meat is white. Do not over cook. Let cool.
2. Hollow out apples using a melon baller. Leave about 1/4 in thick wall. Even out the bottom of the apple.
3. Mix brie, turkey, honey and almonds together.
4. Stuff apples very full with mixture.
5. Place apple in the middle of the crust. Slowly wrap dough over apple. Press the dough tightly against the apple.
6. Using extra pie dough, cut out a circle and press on the center of the apple.
7. Brush with egg wash.
8. Poke 3 holes using a skewer
9. Bake in a 375 degrees until golden brown. About 40 minutes.