Wow, I just impressed myself. I love when I walk into the kitchen to experiment and it actually turns out well!
I am lovin crunchy roasted chickpeas. I've made Moroccan flavored, garlic, salt and olive oil etc. Although, I have been wondering if a sweet version would go over well. Crunchy, salty and sweet? Does it work?
As a matter of fact, if you like glazed or candied nuts. I am positive you'll like these.
- Rinse and drain as many cans of chickpeas as you'd like. I used 2.
- Place evenly on a couple sheets of paper towels in order to dry for about 10 min
- Preheat oven to 325
- Lightly spray/line a cookie sheet.
- Poor chickpeas evenly on the cookie sheet. They all must have their own space on the cookie sheet. No crowding!
- Place them in the oven for a solid 45 minutes to an hour. Or until crunchy. SUPER CRUNCHY. If you need to adjust the temp and time on this part, please do. I used a convection oven so it was a lot different for me.
- In a sauce pan on medium high heat add: 1 tbs butter, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp honey, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, cinnamon + nutmeg
- Let everything melt and come together.
- Add crispy chickpeas to sauce pan.
- Stir them in to coat well.
- When everything is coated well, poor onto parchment paper or wax paper.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Let cool
If you try this out, PLEASE tell me :)